Wiring a winch is a difficult task. It’s not as easy as you think. And if you get the wiring wrong, the whole system will fail. That’s why it’s needed to understand the wiring mechanism properly.
Of all the winches out there, Badland winches are comparatively easy to set up. Badland winch wiring is quick and easily doable. All the badland winches have identical wiring patterns. Still, you need to be careful as any wrong move can blow up the system.
So we’re here with a new article. And this article will help you regarding everything you need to know about Badland Winch Wiring Diagram. We’ll show the wiring diagram and also discuss the different models’ Badland winches.
Things to know before wiring
The wiring process involves electricity and power stations. So before you get into the process, you need to follow some advice first. Here are a few things that you should be doing before starting the wiring process-
- The cables or wire should be run through an area that has less possibility of damage or teardown. Stick to the badland winch wiring diagrams!
- Avoid routing through any sharp or high-temperature area like driveshaft, engine, or fuel tanks.
- The less the cables move, the more it’ll be better. Find an area to route and place the wires properly to don’t get teardown and function properly.
- If you notice any hole in any hardware part, fix that immediately with a rubber grommet.
- Run a winch test before the wiring. If the test turns out good, you can proceed after that.
- Now coming to the most crucial part, safety precautions.
- Always wear a pair of leather gloves and eye goggles whenever you’re working with winches.
- And if you don’t feel good doing it on your own, you can take the help of an expert.
- The remote control should be unplugged. The battery cords need to be disconnected before starting wiring to prevent a major accident
- Avoid using any dirty or corroded batteries.
1. Badland 2500 Winch Wiring Diagram
Looking to wire your Badland 2500 winch? You’re at the right place. Follow the Badland Winch Wiring Diagram below and make sure to connect the wires properly.
Locate the badland winch solenoid box. Now connect the wires to each of the terminals from the solenoid box.
- Connect the red wire and the winch’s positive pole. The solenoid box has a red wire.
- Now connect another cable that comes out of the solenoid box to the circuit breaker. The extended part of the circuit breaker has a connected wire that connects to the battery.
- Now connect the remote controller and the solenoid box, and enjoy wireless connectivity.
Badland 2500 Winch Manual Installation: Download
2. Badland ZXR 2500 Winch Wiring Diagram
The Badland ZXR 2500 winch supports both wired and wireless modes.
For Wired Option
- If you prefer this option, locate the remote control cable and the remote socket.
- Now connect the remote cable and the remote socket of the solenoid box. And you’re ready to use this function.
For Wireless Option
- The winch comes with a remote-controlled wireless box. Take the remote control out of the box and connect it with the solenoid box.
- Now the controller box will work as a receiptor for the wireless mode. Now click on the On/Off switches and hold them for three to five seconds. The remote control will be activated.
Badland ZXR 2500 Winch Manual Installation: Download
3. Badland 3500 Winch Wiring Diagram
Seeing the diagram, you might think this wiring can be complex. But in reality, it’s not. The solenoid box and the battery needs to be connected with the wires.
- After that, give a connection to the circuit breaker and the positive post of the winch’s electric battery. And join the opposite part with the solenoid box.
- Now you need to connect the black cable from the solenoid to the negative post of the battery. Connect all the wires appropriately to connect the remote and the solenoid box.
- Now take the red-colored wire and join it with the ignition circuit. And after that, the winch is ready to use.
Badland ZXR 3500 Winch Manual Installation: Download
4. Badland ZXR 5000 Winch Wiring Diagram
Before heading to the wiring part, first, take a look at the wiring diagram. As there are many wires involved, so you might get confused.
- Take the black cable and connect it with the negative post of the battery, just like it’s showing in the above Badland Winch Wiring diagram. The black wire comes out of the solenoid box; remember that. And the blue/yellow wire goes to the winch.
- The circuit breaker needs to be connected with the positive post of the battery. Use the red wire to give the connection. Now connect the other cables just like it’s shown in the diagram.
- To block accidental/auto starts, take the red cable and join it with the ignition circuit. An alternative way is to connect the ignition wire and the positive battery post.
Badland ZXR 5000 Winch Manual Installation: Download
5. Badland ZXR 9500 Winch Wiring Diagram
This badland winch wiring diagram can come in handy if you’re looking for how to do it.
- As shown in the diagram, attach all the red, yellow, black wires to the winch box from the solenoid.
- Join the black-colored cable and the negative pole of the power supply.
- After that, you should join the circuit breaker and the positive post of the winch’s electric battery. Now take the red wire and attach the circuit breaker and solenoid box.
- If you want to use the winch, you need to connect the remote’s cable to the socket of the remote. Generally, the solenoid box has the remote socket.
If you own any remote(wireless), you can also connect its control box with the solenoid box. The remote functions as a receiptor for wireless connectivity.
Badland ZXR 9500 Winch Manual Installation: Download
6. Badland ZXR 12000 Winch Wiring Diagram
This badland winch parts diagram is very helpful for any kind of wiring task. As you can see all the parts in the diagram below, you can understand the wiring well.
- Like the previous one, connect the black, red, and yellow cables with the winch.
- The black cable will go into the negative post of the badland winch.
- The circuit breaker will join with the battery’s positive post, and the red cable will go into the solenoid box.
- As all the badland winches have the same functions, so in this case also, you can use the remote controller as a receiver for the wireless option.
Badland ZXR 12000 Winch Manual Installation: Download
7. Badland APEX 12000 Winch Wiring Diagram
The badland Apex 12000 Winch can be easily wired with the help of the following diagram.
- Firstly, you’ll see different colored wires. Take the red wire and connect it with the circuit breaker. After that, you need to connect the battery’s positive post with this same cable.
- Now it’s our turn to connect the black wire with the negative end of the battery.
- If you like to use a wireless version of the remote, you need to connect both the remote switch and solenoid.
I. Badland APEX 12000 Wired Remote Wiring Diagram
The Badland Apex 1200 supports both wired and wireless connectivity. And this particular section is about the wired version.
- Firstly, it’s required to join the remote cable with the socket to use this feature. To find the remote socket, you need to access the control box.
- Now click and hold the “On Button” until there is a blinking of blue light. The blue led light denotes that you can now use the winch remote.
- There is also a toggle switch marked with In and Out. You can use this rocker switch to use the winch. While operating, you’ll see a red light.
II. Badland APEX 12000 Wireless Winch Remote Control Wiring Diagram
For using the wireless feature of this winch, you need to follow this badlands wireless winch remote wiring diagram.
- You’ll notice an On switch on the receiver’s body. Keep it in On condition.
- To operate the winch, press and hold this switch for at least three to four seconds.
- A battery saver function on the remote switch automatically switches off the remote after every 2 minutes.
Badland APEX 12000 Winch Manual Installation: Download
8. Badland 18000 Winch Wiring Diagram
Knowing and identifying the right color pattern can be helpful in wiring a winch.
- Take a clear look at the diagram, and attach the wires to the different terminals of the switches.
- The red-colored wire connects with the positive end of the battery from the solenoid box.
- Now connect the black-colored wire to the winch post from the solenoid box. Use the extension cable and attach it with the battery’s negative post.
- If you want wireless connectivity, pull off the socket cover and connect the remote.
Badland 18000 Winch Manual Installation: Download
No matter what type of winch you’re wiring, there is always a potential risk of injury. Recheck the wiring again and again before using the winch.
We tried to provide a detailed guideline on the Badland winch wiring diagram. Now give it a try. And seek the help of a mechanic if you get stuck. Good luck!